To our friends in the international community: I must start with thank you. What started as a personal attempt to encourage compassion and solidarity around the injustices against Black and Brown people in the US has grown to an international movement. I am so thankful to each and every voice that has used their space in support of these efforts.
- To all persons advocating against the violence, racism, and systematic injustice in the US – we urge you to be mindful of your mental health and well-being during this time. Engage when you can, how you can.
- No act is too big or too little. Share the post, respond to the comment. Have conversations with friends and family. Encourage engagement and active involvement. Attend a peaceful protest. Translate resources/terminology in your native language. Do more research and learn. Support and donate how and when you can.
- Cancel culture is easy and can be counterproductive in the bigger picture of moving towards a more more peaceful and compassionate world. Engage how you can.
- You may not know the exact answer or solution. Show up anyway. Lean into the learning.
- Help how you can, when you can, where you can.
We acknowledge all of you who have, are, and will use you voice to amplify the echos of thousands, if not millions around the world toward a just, fair, and safe society.
We see you and we thank you.
Alexandria, Vannary, and Somaya